We welcome members and non-members to use our Munson Library for their research. People use the
library to find everything from the age of their house to their family heritage. Take a look below for a
comprehensive list of what’s available in our collections.
Visit the Library: Members Free, Non-Members $5.00 Per Day
Available during regular Society hours.
Ask Us to Research: $10 Per Request
Our $10 fee is required to begin our search. If there are additional costs to the research, the fee is $10
per hour. We will notify you in advance of any additional fees.
If you require extensive research, contact our Administrator and we will make the necessary arrangements.
Photo Reproductions: $10 and Up
Love a certain image you find in the collection? We provide quality print and high resolution digital images starting at $10 for photo prints for an 8” x 10” image and $20 for high res digital images.
See our Photo Prints Price list for various image sizes.
Photocopies: 50¢ each
How To Apply
Either call the Society at 315.859.1392 or complete our Research Request Form and mail it to the Clinton Historical Society, 1 Fountain St., PO Box 42, Clinton, NY 13323.
What’s Here for Research?
• Microfilms and searchable hard drive of the Clinton Courier since 1846.
• Maps of Clinton, Kirkland, and surrounding areas.
• Genealogy including census records, cemetery records, and obituaries.
• Clinton’s private and public school records.
• Clinton church records.
• Topical files on subjects such as businesses, farming, fire department, and service clubs and organizations.
• Original framed paintings by recent and former Clinton artists.
• Hockey and figure skating photos and materials.
• Chenango Canal, railroad, and plank road materials.
• Wills and will abstracts dating from the 1820s.
• Hamilton College yearbooks, pictures, literary magazines and more.
• Books by Clinton authors.
• Clinton centennial, sesquicentennial, and bicentennial memorabilia.
• 50 scrapbooks fully indexed and searchable.
• Historical Society Newsletter indexed from 1963.
• Subject files on Clinton and Kirkland governments.
• Kirkland town assessment rolls, Clinton school tax records, Clinton Village records.
• Postcards of Clinton and the area including many of Hamilton College.
• Business and merchant journals with insights into Clinton commerce in the early 1800s.
• Original documents from the 1790s including Oneida Indian land deeds, Rev. John Sergeant papers, broadsides, Rev. Samuel Kirkland land documents, a Clara Barton letter, and more.
• James I. Scollard papers describing the life of a 19th century physician, businessman and civic leader.
• Othniel S. Williams papers reflect the activities of an attorney, judge, businessman and civic leader.
• Clinton telephone books, O & W directory, and Clinton sections of some Utica City directories.