Job Description: Clinton Historical Society: Administrator
Position title: Administrator
Hours: 15-20 hours per week, specific days and hours to be determined. (The hours include some weekend hours and 2-3 extra hours per month.) Hourly rate: $18-$20 per hour
The Clinton Historical Society seeks an enthusiastic, qualified individual to fill the part time role of Administrator.
The Administrator will have key responsibility for the general operations of CHS.
The Administrator will report to the Board President.
- Administer the Society’s day to day business and activities on behalf of the Board of Directors
- Coordinate programs and events
- Represent the Society to the community, including handling publicity and outreach to strengthen the Society’s visibility and role
- Open the building to the public on a regular basis; greet visitors; provide information; and assist with initial research questions.
- Manage correspondence and requests from U.S. mail, phone mail, and email
- Manage publicity for programs and events, with focus on the Society’s website and social media, including Facebook and email.
- Keep the Society’s website active and current. Coordinate with website technician as needed.
- Coordinate with monthly program speakers. Responsible for A-V used by speakers. Set up for programs and other events. Record, edit, and upload videos of programs to YouTube. • Coordinate with other organizations on shared projects and events.
- Manage purchasing and vendor interactions and maintain office files and supplies.
- Attend Board meetings and provide a monthly update.
Possible added responsibilities:
The administrator will be encouraged to explore new opportunities for growth as the position evolves.
- Experience in office administration
- Strong computer and social media skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable with A-V equipment and routine website editing (training can be provided)
- Appreciation for the value of a strong local, historical society
To learn more about the position, please contact Rose Raymond, Board President, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Rose Raymond, Board President, at email@example.com
Deadline: February 4, 2022
Clinton Historical Society
1 Fountain St
P.O. Box 42
Clinton, NY 13323