Clinton Knitting Company: Edward J. Stanley, Owen J. Burns, and Henry W. Roberts started the
Clinton Knitting Company in 1906. It remained in business until 1951 manufacturing underwear,
sweaters, and bathing suits.
Clinton Metallic Paint Company: Formed in 1886, the Clinton Metallic Paint Company’s famous Clinton
hematite ore was used as red pigment for mortar, cement, plaster, red brick, and paint.
Mining: Starting with the discovery of iron ore in the late 1790s, the mining industry lasted for over
150 years in the Town of Kirkland.
Apothecary Shop/Bristol Myers: Hamilton College grads William Bristol and John Meyers purchased the drug manufacturer Clinton Pharmaceutical Company in 1887, renaming it Bristol, Myers in 1898. Marvel at the original apothecary shop and its bottles, dispensaries, and potions.
Chenango Canal: Opened in 1836, the Chenango Canal brought opportunity and prosperity to Clinton. New and better products became available and new businesses formed. Farmers and iron mines shipped their products more cheaply to markets.
Hockey: Memorabilia and photos from Clinton’s illustrious hockey past including the Clinton Hockey Club, Clinton Comets, and high school hockey teams.
Education: Clinton became known as “Schooltown” during the 19th century with its many private schools.
Stone Church Clock:
Hall of Fame: