Clinton Historical Society Reopening August 1,2020
|Clinton Historical Society is excited to start bringing visitors and volunteers back through our front door at the Historical Society Building. We look forward to again sharing memories and stories! However, we have had to make some adjustments in light of the ongoing pandemic and we want to make sure your visit is as easy and fun as possible, so here's what you need to know before visiting:|
- If persons are feeling ILLor have any of the COVID-19 symptoms, please do NOT enter the building.
- Only exhibits on the main floor are accessible.
- Sorry, no public restroom use.
- The Museum will have a 5 visitor limitat all times. You may be asked to return at an estimated later time. Staff and volunteers will bring the building maximum to 10 at most times.
- All visitors over the age of 2 years old MUST WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES..
- All Visitors must maintain social distancing ofsix (6) feet apart between yourself and non-related parties.
- Visitors will be required to sign in and sign out and provide a contact phone.
- A few hand sanitizer containers will be located around the building. Please use them.
- Monthly Speakers Programs - At present, a limit of 12 people will be permitted to attend, in person, our monthly speaker programs commencing in September. A reservation will be required to attend in person. Details to be shared before each program. However, everyone will be able to view presentations on our You Tube channel when posted https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy53gja0M7xN00s76j4FZMA
- Visitors who want to conduct on site research MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
- Research Request Forms can be found on the org website (under research tab) then submitted for arrangements to be made. Two persons may research given social distancing, masked, using gloves to handle materials
And cleaning up the work space before and after conducting research.
|Appointments can be made by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 315-859-1392. Time limits will apply. Specific appointments will be based on volunteer researcher availability.
The Clinton Historical Society is located at 1 Fountain St., Clinton, NY and we encourage the public to visit the website www. clintonhistory.org for a wealth of local historical information and historical photographs. Like us on Facebook and Twitter.
Welcome to Clinton, NY
Clinton, New York is a close-knit community known for its schools, commerce, and illustrious 100 years of hockey history. We invite you to explore our online collection of images, hockey memories, and high school yearbooks. And don’t forget our blog. It has Clinton and Kirkland history starting when Moses Foote and seven families settled here in 1787. So go ahead, lose yourself in Clinton history.
Programs at Clinton Historical Society
Images, artifacts, exhibits, and yearbooks
with over 7,000 items.
One Hundred Years of Clinton Hockey
We’re pleased to announce that Thank You Albert Prettyman/Clinton Hockeyville USA is now part of our site.